Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default Makita RIP

On May 29, 3:07 pm, Roger Mills wrote:

My 14.4v Making Combi died yesterday. Sob!

We have been together over for 4 years, every day, drilling thousands of
holes.

I wish now I hadn't dropped him from a ladder last year, or left him in
the rain before that. He didn't deserve that.

Sadly missed, he went as he would have wanted to, drilling a hole.

I wondered if it might be the brushes? If you pull the trigger nothing
happens, but if you twist the chuck it starts?

Can I resurrect Mr Makita?

Well, it *could* be worn brushes - or a dirty commutator. But it's more
likely to be a duff winding. If it stops with a brush facing that
winding, it won't re-start. Move it round to a different position, and
it's ok. That sounds like your symptoms to me.
--
Cheers,
Roger

years ago I ressurected a dying/dead BnD strimmer using the old 12v
toy train "service" trick of raking out the ****e (carbon poss
softened by WD40...) from between the segments of it's commutator with
a pin. Did an entire overgrown garden with it after ;))

Jim K