Posted to alt.home.repair
zek zek is offline

Default Whole house fan

On May 28, 5:58*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"zek" wrote

Go with a lower cfm Panasonic fan. They should do the job. I think
they have a 400 cfm or thereabouts. Check noise levels of specified
fans!!!!!!

Greg

400 cfm will barely clear the farts out of the bathroom. *My 30" fan is
about 5000 cfm and really cools it down. *Variable speed, of course.

I measured the dB in the hallway with my slightly reduced speed fan.
85 dB. Typical bath fans are 100 cfm. My attic fan is probably rated
about 3000 cfm. True, I need more than 100 cfm for the bath, but I up
the cfm by using a bigger online fan which is installed in the attic.
That's the only way to get a nice quiet system by moving the fan away
from the port.

Greg