Posted to alt.home.repair
metspitzer metspitzer is offline

Default Alarm System Contacts

On Sat, 28 May 2011 11:26:46 -0500, G. Morgan
wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:

One, alarm people don't know what the hell they're talking about. Words
become meaningless when one group of people decide to throw out the real
definition and use their own.

Smitty,

Alarm people 'do' know what they're talking about. You can blame the
manufacturers for the vernacular confusion, but 'alarm people" know.

Come on over to alt.security.alarms for further discussion if it bothers
you. I'm sure some of my colleges can define the reason better than I.

It is easy to understand if you just acknowledge that your security
system is normal/ready when the window loop is closed.

Fire alarms are also "ready" when the zone relays are energized. This
is to allow them to fail safe.