Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Makita RIP

On 28 May 2011 19:41:03 GMT, "Paul - xxx"
wrote:

The Medway Handyman wrote:

My 14.4v Making Combi died yesterday. Sob!

We have been together over for 4 years, every day, drilling thousands
of holes.

I wish now I hadn't dropped him from a ladder last year, or left him
in the rain before that. He didn't deserve that.

Sadly missed, he went as he would have wanted to, drilling a hole.

I wondered if it might be the brushes? If you pull the trigger
nothing happens, but if you twist the chuck it starts?

Can I resurrect Mr Makita?

You could try spraying some contact cleaner in through the motor
cooling slots and running it ..

But NOT WD-40... :-)

--
Frank Erskine