Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Leaking Hose

Ben wrote:
Hello,

I recently bought a brand new hose and screwed it as tightly as I
could (by hand) to the spigot (I've never actually used this spigot
before and it's pretty old). When I turned the water on, some came
out of the other end of the hose, but a significant amount was
spraying out of the top of the hose. In looking closely at it, the
water was coming out of a gap between the 'collar' of the hose, and
the hose itself. In looking at it, it seems like there's a gasket in
the end of the hose, and perhaps I wasn't tightening the hose enough
to create a seal between the end of the spigot and the gasket in the
hose. Is there a solution for this? Get a wrench and tighten even
more? Get another gasket and put a second one into the hose?

Try the hose on another spigot. If it still leaks, the hose is at fault. If
there is no leak, the original faucet is the culprit.