Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT_Ticket from City of Chicago.org

"David R. Birch" on Thu, 26 May 2011 22:44:51 -0500

Rich, this isn't a matter of opinion. It is a matter of objective fact that
the Constitution explicitly provides for more than just the 546 officials you
name. If you had read it, you would know this.

IIRC, the SCOTUS didn't have nine members until FDR packed the court.

The Supreme Court started with six, at one point was ten, but
since 1869 has had nine members. FDR wanted to add an "adjunct" judge
for every Judge over 70. Ostensibly to help with the work load, the
reality was a desire to "pack the court" with progressive forward
thinking judges who would find the New Deal legislature to be
constructional.
The scheme failed, but FDR got his majority over the next few
years. And we've been stuck with the results ever since.

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich