Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Is any of this false? Is any of this true?

On May 26, 11:45*pm, "
wrote:
On Thu, 26 May 2011 17:22:59 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On May 26, 5:49 pm, LSMFT wrote:
mm wrote:
Is any of this false? Is any of this true?

"Most disposals of are of a builders-grade quality, and the blades
rust off within two to four years.

Dull or rusted blades mean that your disposal may sound like it is
working but it's not. The number one cause of kitchen singk clogs is
old disposals.

Without sharp blades or blades at all, the food you put down there
simply goes right into the drain, causing potential for future
stoppage.

A simple test for most disposals is to take a flashlight and look down
into it. Do you see rust and corrosion? Can you see any blades?"

This is part of a column in a local magazine, written by a plumber,
who gives his email address and url.

Disposals are unnecessary.

So are cell phones, HD-TV's, pets, ice cream, my wife's flower
gardens, and gas grills.

Wives aren't necessary, either.

But you what? I'm glad I have at least one of each of those items.

Good thing you don't have more than one of each. *Wives get cranky,
particularly if they're all yours.

I was going to add that wives aren't necessary but in my case she is.