Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Obama in Westminster (not)

On Thu, 26 May 2011 20:07:59 -0700, "Morgans" wrote:

"Mike Marlow" wrote

Could not be built again now? Bull. It's
nice to romanticize the artisans of the past and fool ourselves into
believing that they are somehow different from the artisans of today- if
that's what really makes you feel good. But... it's just not true.

I'm not sure if it could be built today.

If it was, I would imagine someone would come up with a ANC router system to
do all the joinery of the timbers.

The problem would be the materials. Unless you cut down a protected forest,
there is not the old growth timber around to make the beams. Non old growth
would shrink too much to use in an application such as this.

Mr. McGui I just want to say one word to you. Just one word.
Benjamin: Yes, sir.
Mr. McGui Are you listening?
Benjamin: Yes, I am.
Mr. McGui Plastics.