Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT karate chop?

My memory was that Ford and the other actor changed the
script without telling the director. The director thought it
was hysterical. and so it got left in. Of course, I can't
source where I heard that. A decade or more, ago.

That's interesting about being an extra. I've never done
anything like that.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve B" wrote in message

I read that the bazaar scene, he had dysentery, and was
going to do a sword
fight. Instead, he suggested to just shoot the guy, and
everyone thought it
would make a good scene, and take a LOT less time to shoot.

I have been around movie making. I have been an extra in
several movies and
tv shows. Making movies or TV is nothing like it seemed it
would be like.
They do everything out of sequence so nothing makes sense,
and they do lots
of takes on everything. Setup takes a long time, and the
actual shooting is
miniscule. After you see the movie or TV episode, you put
it all together.
But a lot of time, it's boring as watching paint dry. If
you don't have
anything to do, you can pick up $100-$200 for a day, but
sometimes it's so
much sitting around and so boring, if you got anything else
going on, you
just pass. If it's a cattle call (where they need lots and
lots of extras),
you don't get in on the grub, or much else.

They do have great food. All catered, and unlimited French
club soda, can't
recall the name of that overpriced stuff now. They have one
of those chow
wagons, but it's nothing like you'd see at a welding shop.
Snitzy equipment
and very very clean. Everything first cabin. The pay for
being an extra
was good, too, and even if they didn't use you, you got paid
for showing up.
More if you were in a scene, but had to have a SAG card to
speak. And you
got behind the ropes that kept the unwashed rabble out.

Steve