Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default neo-con

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
news:irkad3$u9g$1@dont-

stuff snipped

I sort of remember Chuck Schumer getting on TV and screaming, foaming
at the mouth and wetting himself while claiming that the Black Talon
ammo was designed only for killing cops. The pro gun people there were
calmly explaining that the bullets were not any more deadly than many
other types of bullets but Schumer just got louder and more shrill in
his assertion that the ammo IS MEANT TO KILL COPS, IT'S FOR KILLING COPS
THAT'S ALL IT'S FOR, IT'S FOR KILLING COPS. I thought the host was going
to have someone with a big net come get Schumer. ^_^

I take issue with the statement that Black Talons are not any more deadly
then many other types of bullets. The only thing I can think of that's more
lethal is to pack strychnine into hollow-points/bird shot cartridges or the
infamous Teflon-coated KTW armor-piercing bullets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teflon-coated_bullet

KTW's I believe have a far greater rep as cop-killers than BT's, which shred
arteries and do horrendous tissue damage but don't, IIRC, pierce body armor,
even though many people thought they did:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Talon

I believe you've confused Schumer's successful efforts in 1982 to have KTW's
banned with the Black Talon bullets. Schumer admittedly has reason to
dislike BTs. Jamaican-born terrorist Colin Ferguson shot up a Long Island
(Schumer's district) commuter train using Black Talon bullets, killing 6 and
horribly wounding 19:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_F...(mass_murderer)

Ferguson was convicted on February 17, 1995 of murder for the death of the
six passengers who died of their injuries. He was also convicted of
attempted murder for wounding nineteen passengers during the mass murder. He
received 315 years and eight months to life, meaning his current earliest
possible parole date is August 6, 2309.

Anyone who watched the trial (he acted pro se, as his own attorney)
remembers how gruesome it was for the victims and their families as he tried
to evade responsibility and blame the victims. SNL and Tim Meadows did a
skit about it that must be on YouTube somewhere. The crime was horrible to
begin with, but the outcome was made far worse by the use of the Black Talon
bullets.

Before he fired his attorneys, Kunstler and Kuby claimed that Ferguson had
been driven to temporary insanity by a psychiatric condition they termed
"black rage". Kunstler and Kuby argued Ferguson had been driven insane by
racial prejudice, and could not be held criminally liable for his actions
even though he had committed the killings. Anyone who watched the trial HAD
to get worked up listening to that whacko berate witnesses, refer to himself
in the third person (as in: "Did you see Colin Ferguson shoot anyone?") and
generally prove that he was NOT competent to act in his own defense.

The "black rage" defense is only slightly less ludicrous than the Twinkie
Defense.

While I believe in gun ownership, I'm more than happy to see BT's and KTW's
banned and things like .50 machine guns kept out of the hands of all but the
most competent, well-trained and sane users. Flamethrowers, mortars, hand
grenades, bazookas and suitcase nukes, too. (-:

--
Bobby G.