Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kitchen design: Can Dishwasher go next to stove?

Mikepier wrote:
I'm doing a layout of a new kitchen in a condo. One idea I had was to
put the dishwasher next to the stove, but then I was wondering, when
we put the granite countertop, where would the countertop rest on
where the DW and stove meet?

Is this a narrow galley with everything on one wall? Or are both walls
going to have countertop? If so, try to avoid putting them together. I
think in time you'd find it annoying.

The DW should be next to the sink. Ideal is to have the DW next to the sink
and close to the cabinets where the dishes are stored. That gives the least
amount of steps to load an unload. You want the fridge to be across from
the sink and prep counter also. If you look at kitchen designs, the goal is
to have a triangle of those three items to minimize steps. If possible, the
sink should be under a window for best lighting, the stove on an outside
wall for easiest venting.