Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default Small dimmer for ceiling light

On May 25, 10:52*am, "
wrote:
On May 24, 4:01*am, Evan wrote:

On May 23, 3:48*pm, hamish wrote:

I live in a 60s house with a problem. *Normal dimmers will not fit the
switch boxes as they are too large or the the electrical box is too
small. *Any idea where I might find a super slim dimmer switch. *I am
in Canada so that makes it a more difficult solution.
Thanks

Ummm... *Sounds like you should call an electrician out
to install some larger electrical boxes...

Yeah, get an electrician to change not only the one problem
box, but also other boxes too that are perfectly fine, *instead
*of simply finding a dimmer that will fit. * I don't know where
some of you come up with your advice.

you do realize that a house built in the '60s likely has 2-3/4" (or
thereabouts) deep gem boxes and therefore wouldn't even meet current
NEC wire fill requirements unless used as a switch box on a switch
leg?

nate