Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kitchen design: Can Dishwasher go next to stove?

On May 25, 9:58*am, Mikepier wrote:
I'm doing a layout of a new kitchen in a condo. One idea I had was to
put the dishwasher next to the stove, but then I was wondering, when
we put the granite countertop, where would the countertop rest on
where the DW and stove meet? Seems I would have to put in some kind of
support or filler in between to support it.
Has anyone ever done it like this, or should a base cabinet be put
between the stove and dishwasher?

You would need support. You could do it with a piece of wood and a
small piece of vertical front. I just buy the same kind of wood as
the cabinets and stain and seal that sort of stuff myself but you can
usually get pieces to do that with from the kitchen department you get
the cabinets from. Just 2 or 3 times the price :-)

I don't know of a reason that you can't but I've not seen that
layout. The most important 3 things to work with when laying out a
kitchen is the stove, the sink, and the fridge. You want to make a
triangle out of those if possible such that you can easily move
between the three. When you are cooking that's the common travel
paths. Dishwasher is usually loaded from the sink so you want the
dishwasher close to the sink.