Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default Lawnmower HP Litigation

On 5/24/2011 3:39 PM, Red wrote:

Accompanying statement said the overall amount was capped, more than
expected claims were received, and amounts were reduced pro rata from
the capped amounts. No mention of lawyer fees.

I'm sure the fees were high enough to convince the manufacturers to not
pull this sort of stunt again!

"...the defendants sold "identical, but differently and misleadingly
labeled, engines at different prices -- with higher prices for engines
labeled with purported higher horsepower." In other words, the companies
took two identical engines, slapped different labels on them, and sold
them at significantly different prices."

Since I never expected to get a penny, I was surprised with the
amount. Especially since the mowers worked just like I expected them
to regardless of hp ratings. Do I feel guilty? Nope.

It's still not too late to claim the one year warranty extension.