Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilet seat wrench?

On Tue, 24 May 2011 03:10:58 -0400, mm wrote:

On Mon, 23 May 2011 20:18:21 -0500, "
wrote:

On Mon, 23 May 2011 17:22:11 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"mm" wrote

When I stopped shaving, I thought I would be less clean, because it
woudl be it would be harder to wash my face, and I'd get more pimples.
I had the beard for about three months, and when I shaved it off, my
skin was almost perfect and the pimples never came back to the extent
they had been. (They were never terrible and never left pocks, but
they much fewer after the beard.)

I've heard that nookie will clear that up, too.

I believe that is true.

Maybe he got more nookie with the beard.

Makes sense, but no. The nookie level was exactly the same.

Too bad. ;-)

There is nothing worse than grinding up whiskers with an electrric
razor and applying the dust to the skin, using the blade as a
motor-powered spatula.

That's why I started mine. It was rather useful when I lived in Vermont, too.
Not so much here in Alabama.

As to my face being clean, I guess the oils on my skin ran up the
whiskers and that kept my skin cleaner, even if the whiskers were
dirtier for parts of the day. Whiskers don't get ppmples.

A lot of "pimples" are really in-grown hairs. That's not possible when
they're allowed to grow past skin level.

Plus whatever germs help to cause pimples must have died in the 3
months I had the beard. I should have grown it when I was 14 or 15,
instead of when I was 18 or 19. I shaved it off because my roommate
offered me a job ushering at graduation and beards were not allowed.
It was no big deal to cut it off, and a big surprise that my skin was
clear then

See above.

SWMBO would shoot me if I shaved
mine. ;-)