Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default Lawnmower HP Litigation

On 5/24/2011 6:39 PM, Red wrote:
Reference the class action lawsuit against lawnmower manufacturers for
not calculating the HP claims properly, the case is apparently
settled. I received my settlement check today. Suit claims for walk
behinds said "up to $35" was actually $10.19 each, and riding mowers
"up to $75" was actually $21.84 each. My check was for one of each
for a total of $32.03.
Accompanying statement said the overall amount was capped, more than
expected claims were received, and amounts were reduced pro rata from
the capped amounts. No mention of lawyer fees.

Since I never expected to get a penny, I was surprised with the
amount. Especially since the mowers worked just like I expected them
to regardless of hp ratings. Do I feel guilty? Nope.

Red

Just got mine too.