Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default Totally OT - Dog, Bee Sting, Reaction

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

wrote in message
On May 23, 9:36 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

I don't know if those alkali laundry soaps, like Lux, are even alkaline
anymore, but they used to be.

--
Ed Huntress

As I remember Lux was always a soap advertised for how gentle it was
on skin. I think you are thinking of Octagon soap.

Dan

May be. Octagon was another one. I think that Lux also made a laundry
soap, but that was a long time ago.

"Fels Naptha" is what comes to my mind.....it's even still available in many
stores.

--mixed in the right proportion with washing soda and borax it actually
makes a fairly good laundry "detergent".

http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/laundrysoap.htm