Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Naive consumer

On May 23, 8:12*pm, aemeijers wrote:

snip

IMHO, anybody that pays 80 bucks for a deluxe Amazon membership deserves
to lose the money.

snip

Actually, the Prime payment is for free shipping. On an average year I
figure I'm saving a hundred $$ maybe more on shipping costs from
Amazon. Besides that, there are free movies so I'm told (haven't tried
that yet).
Recently bought a nice Palmgren arbor press (heavy, naturally) shipped
free. Before that, a 12" Bosch miter saw, again shipped free. And lots
of other stuff.
All in all, not a good deal if you already own all the tools and
supplies you will ever need, but if you have active projects always
going its a real money saver. Figure that if you order on line for
many things you will be out maybe $5-7 for shipping on each order.
With Prime you have already paid for the first dozen, then the rest
are free. Its a good marketing scheme for Amazon as it keeps you
coming back to their store first.

Joe