Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Storing an old carburator

On May 24, 9:32*am, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On May 24, 9:27*am, Jules Richardson

wrote:
On Mon, 23 May 2011 15:23:06 -0400, clare wrote:
It's probably already coated with whatever it needs to stay shelf fresh
for years.
*Just drain the bowl, blow it dry and stick it in a zip-lok bag.

Yeah, that'd be my advice too. Stick a bit of card in there with a label
saying what it is, too, because if you're anything like me you'll end up
with shelves full of stuff like that and it's not always possible to
remember where it came from when you "find" it again in ten years'
time :-)

cheers

Jules

Thanks...the new carb (and air cleaner, plug, blade and assorted
gaskets) arrived last night, so after one more mow this weekend, I'll
be swapping parts.

For what it's worth I've never replaced one of those carbs on any of
my gas powered equipment. Simply cleaning it and replacing the
gaskets has always been enough. That yours improved with gas additive
suggests the same.