Posted to alt.home.repair
hamish hamish is offline

Default Small dimmer for ceiling light

On May 24, 4:01*am, Evan wrote:
On May 23, 3:48*pm, hamish wrote:

I live in a 60s house with a problem. *Normal dimmers will not fit the
switch boxes as they are too large or the the electrical box is too
small. *Any idea where I might find a super slim dimmer switch. *I am
in Canada so that makes it a more difficult solution.
Thanks

Ummm... *Sounds like you should call an electrician out
to install some larger electrical boxes...

Sometimes if the electrician is good enough the old box
can be removed without making a huge hole in the wall
to remove it... *It all depends on how the original box
was attached to the structure...

~~ Evan

Thanks for all your responses,