Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default neo-con

In article ,
wrote:

The real question is how much you paid, top line to bottom line. Most
Americans are paying the least they have since before WWII.
Obama just cut your payroll tax by 14% taking it from 14% to 12%.

Personally, at a time when SS/Medicare is upside down and the deficit
is soaring, I think it was a bad idea.

This is just a short time (two years IIRC). In the grand scheme, it is
small in the SS deficit. I think that might have actually done some good
at the margins. The real reason the OP is upset has nothing to do with
tax cuts or increases. This is related to a change in the withholding
tables. You are paying no more taxes overall, just that less is being
taken out as a free loan to the government until 4-15.

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
---PJ O'Rourke