Posted to alt.home.repair
Fake ID Fake ID is offline

Default Toilet seat wrench?

In article ,
Ivan wrote:
Is there a deep wrench socket that will fit the plastic nuts that come
with toilet seats these days?

What I'd like to find is a toilet seat like the one I removed from my
parents' when they wore the paint off. Every seat I've seen at box
stores big and little have had hinges that were flat where they met the
toilet, depending on force applied by the fastener to keep them from
sliding around.

On their seat, the hinges had a collar that extended into holes on the
toilet. The collar had slots on the end and a football shaped nut with
tabs rode in those slots, making a wrench unnecessary.