Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default neo-con

Fool me once - Good on You wrote the following:
wrote:
On Mon, 23 May 2011 19:35:03 -0400, willshak
wrote:

Yeah, like tax cuts.
In the last two years, besides a modest income increase (about 1 %
in a retirement system, and 0% in SS), I have had to pay $400 and
$500 more than was withheld.
In previous years, under Republicans, I had a refund of about
$100-$200 annually. Now under Osama (sorry, Obama) and although I
never reduced my withholding nor made much more than 1% or so in the
years under Bush, I have to pay more than was withheld..
I called my retirement system and asked why. They said it was
Obama's spending initiative where he reduced the amount of taxes
withheld, but retained the current tax rate.
Whoever is running under the republican banner next election will be
my choice.

The real question is how much you paid, top line to bottom line. Most
Americans are paying the least they have since before WWII. Obama
just cut your payroll tax by 14% taking it from 14% to 12%.

The guy said he is voting Republican.
He would vote for Sarah Palin as POTUS.

Probably. You know, the POTUS is not a dictatorship. The Congress holds
reins on the office.
Even if George Wallace had won the presidency, do you think segregation
would be the norm during his presidency?

And you expect him to do simple math?

My friend, I have spent 42 years in the service of my country and state.
When I reach 84 years old, I'll break even between the time I served and
not.
How's that for math.
How's your math?
6 or 9. Same number depending on how you look at it.
Cut him some slack.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY