Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default shower drain obstruction

On May 23, 11:10*pm, Uno wrote:
On 5/23/2011 12:44 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On May 23, 3:26 pm, *wrote:
On May 23, 3:55 pm, *wrote:

snip

I got **nothing** with my hand auger, not a single hair, no sludge.
We'll see how I do with a power augur. *cheers,
Be careful with one of those. *They rip up plastic pipe pretty easy
when it's old. *I remember the old neighborhood my mother lived in
down in FL had a lot of drainage troubles. *Guys would come in with
power augers, tear up some poor guys dw system and then hit him up for
a couple grand to replace it.- Hide quoted text -

Good point.

I've used a 3/4" on my cast iron drains a few times and it do get to
banging around a bit!

So I called Lowe's. *They don't rent tools. *Then Home Depot. *Yes they
have a power auger that I can rent for $45.

I go in to look at it, see what they have, and then decided to give the
situation a try with my drill before I go with another idea. *Well that
turns out to be the complete difference. *I'd only been turning it
manually, but when I hooked it to *the drill, it was a different
creature. *It was a unit that I bought from Lowe's for $26.

I make goofy videos about what I do, as I like to be able to show my
clients and others (you, for example) what I'm doing in clients' houses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9af9q2Tz6zs

Sometimes I simply need to talk to others with similar or more
experience in order for me to get the right level of destruction
correct. *Thanks fellas,
--
Uno

Lowe's and Home Depot are the only place you can rent tools from?

No Taylor or United or any other tool rental chain or independent in
your area?

You know, the places contractors rent from.