Posted to alt.home.repair
Uno Uno is offline

Default shower drain obstruction

On 5/23/2011 12:44 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On May 23, 3:26 pm, wrote:
On May 23, 3:55 pm, wrote:

snip
I got **nothing** with my hand auger, not a single hair, no sludge.
We'll see how I do with a power augur. cheers,

Be careful with one of those. They rip up plastic pipe pretty easy
when it's old. I remember the old neighborhood my mother lived in
down in FL had a lot of drainage troubles. Guys would come in with
power augers, tear up some poor guys dw system and then hit him up for
a couple grand to replace it.- Hide quoted text -

Good point.

I've used a 3/4" on my cast iron drains a few times and it do get to
banging around a bit!

So I called Lowe's. They don't rent tools. Then Home Depot. Yes they
have a power auger that I can rent for $45.

I go in to look at it, see what they have, and then decided to give the
situation a try with my drill before I go with another idea. Well that
turns out to be the complete difference. I'd only been turning it
manually, but when I hooked it to the drill, it was a different
creature. It was a unit that I bought from Lowe's for $26.

I make goofy videos about what I do, as I like to be able to show my
clients and others (you, for example) what I'm doing in clients' houses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9af9q2Tz6zs

Sometimes I simply need to talk to others with similar or more
experience in order for me to get the right level of destruction
correct. Thanks fellas,
--
Uno