Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Totally OT - Dog, Bee Sting, Reaction

On Mon, 23 May 2011 15:18:04 -0700, Jim Stewart
wrote:

Cross-Slide wrote:
On May 23, 4:43 pm, wrote:
Good thinking. I had never heard about reactions for pets before but it
makes total sense. May want to give him more small doses and watch him over
the next few days. Vet will just want to operate...

on your wallet

Tiger Balm works well for sting site when applied ASAP on humans.

------------------"Jim Stewart" wrote in ...

Meat tenderizer, mix into a paste. Kills the sting.

Castile soap kills the resin from poison ivy, or similar plants.

Interesting. I had a terrible case of poison oak
about 30 years ago. Ever since, if I thought I'd
been exposed, I'd come home, strip, throw my clothes
in the washer and shower good with Dr. Bronner's
Castile soap. Never had a problem.

Their headquarters was within spitting distance of where I worked in
Escondido in the mid '70s. I passed by his ALL ONE GOD sign daily to
get beer and a sandwich for lunch.

His Peppermint soap was always my favorite. I used organic blueberry
shampoo back then, too. The girls just loved it & couldn't keep their
fingers and noses out of my hair. 'Twas just what a shy guy needed.

--
Doubt 'til thou canst doubt no more...doubt is thought and thought
is life. Systems which end doubt are devices for drugging thought.