Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default also

On May 23, 6:46*am, Frank wrote:
On 5/23/2011 12:44 AM, Higgs Boson wrote:

I guess everybody else knew not to do this, but I learned the hard
way. *Needed a new answering machine (actually didn't; just wanted one
with more room for incoming message). *Looked on-line; found most
recommendations for low-end AT&T model, just what I wanted.

Ordered it from a place called "On-Line Fulfillment". *$37.95,"free"
shipping. *When it arrived, was defective. *Called them for a return
shipping label.

Hah! *That's how they get suckers like me.

1. *They will deduct their original shipping cost

2. *Plus they deduct 15% for return.

3. * I pay return shipping - $8.++ plus hassle of repacking.

Will end up, if lucky, with the same amount that AT&T charges on their
site - $19.95! *Live and learn...

Looked around the Web, found that this is one of a number of such
enterprises in an industrial-looking area of NY? or was it NJ? .
Manufacturer outsources ordering/shipping to these outfits -- tons of
them.

Phone # 866-537-7084. * But a little more looking found a real
business address in New York.

SPECIALTY RETAIL ST $37.95
Doing Business As: * * * * FACTORYOUTLETSTORE

Merchant Address: *1410 BROADWAY
NEW YORK NY 10018

I sent these goniffs a letter promising to lose them as much business
as possible.

Live& *learn. Why the hell didn't I just go to Best Buy for the damn
thing!

HB

Just noticed, you mention Best Buy. *They are notorious for charging a
restocking fee for returned items. *Last place I would buy.

Again, live & learn. My former partner used to work for them and was
always plugging them. I didn't know about the rap on BB for
restocking.

HB