Posted to sci.electronics.repair
KenO KenO is offline

Default PC Power Supply Recommendations?

Hi Jeff,

"What I look for is power factor correction. *That will drop the
efficiency somewhat, but is well worth it (and will soon be
mandatory).
Any idea when it will become mandatory?

"I forgot exactly what I used: www.formfactors.org/developer/specs/
ATX12V_PSDG_2_2_public_br2.pdf
Tried to use the link but only got "404. That’s an error."
http://static.googleusercontent.com/...public_br2.pdf

"So, who makes high quality ATX power supplies? *Well, it's none of
the commodity or OEM vendors. *It's possible that the industrial and
server vendors have better power supplies, but I didn't test any of
those. *I also can't afford them....I rather like Dell power supplies.
*I've had my share of Dell failures, but reliability is not the
attraction. In their larger boxes, Dell uses a single 120mm cooling
fan, with the speed controlled by the temperature. *That makes for a
very quiet machine."
Do you know who makes the Dell PSU with the 120mm fan?

Ken