Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Cross-Slide Cross-Slide is offline

Default Totally OT - Dog, Bee Sting, Reaction

On May 23, 5:18*pm, Jim Stewart wrote:
Cross-Slide wrote:
On May 23, 4:43 pm, *wrote:
Good thinking. I had never heard about reactions for pets before but it
makes total sense. May want to give him more small doses and watch him over
the next few days. *Vet will just want to operate...

* * on your wallet

Tiger Balm works well for sting site when applied ASAP on humans.

------------------"Jim Stewart" *wrote in ...

Meat tenderizer, mix into a paste. Kills the sting.

Castile soap kills the resin from poison ivy, or similar plants.

Interesting. *I had a terrible case of poison oak
about 30 years ago. *Ever since, if I thought I'd
been exposed, I'd come home, strip, throw my clothes
in the washer and shower good with Dr. Bronner's
Castile soap. *Never had a problem.

I was once in the hospital for two weeks for serious, systemic(?)
poison ivy...
Wrapped up in sheets, soaked in? The ONLY parts not running sores were
the palms and soles and scalp..
Eyes, fingers, swollen shut, etc...

I would not recomend it as a spa treatment.
It doesn't bother me much, if ever in later life.