Posted to alt.home.repair

Default shower drain obstruction

On May 23, 3:55*pm, Uno wrote:
On 5/22/2011 6:40 AM, Han wrote:

Red *wrote in
:

*wrote in
:

Howdy fellas,

Looking for some DWV tips:

http://www.youtube.com/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am so ready for this workweek to be finished.

Cheers from the land of enchantment,

Retarded post. No info. Obviously spam. Nope, no clickie from me. Is
this a dumb **** survey?

No problem with the video. *Poor guy has a slow drain, and cant auger his
way past a "solid obstruction". *Since the water does eventually drain,
it isn't a total obstruction.

My bath also gets very slow to drain. *Most likely because there isn't
much pitch between tub and stack. *Generally no big clogs (except the
usual hair clog when longhaired people visit for a long time). *Drain
gets much better when I use a plumbers helper vigorously with overflow
and vanity sink plugged. *This brings up lots of black gooey stuff that
can be flushed through, and then the drain is fine again for a year or
so. *Should have redone the drain pipe when the kitchen ceiling was open.
Too many different materials were used in that drain pipe ...

I got **nothing** with my hand auger, not a single hair, no sludge.
We'll see how I do with a power augur. *cheers,
--
Uno- Hide quoted text -

Be careful with one of those. They rip up plastic pipe pretty easy
when it's old. I remember the old neighborhood my mother lived in
down in FL had a lot of drainage troubles. Guys would come in with
power augers, tear up some poor guys dw system and then hit him up for
a couple grand to replace it.