Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Storing an old carburator

I just ordered a new carburator for my Honda lawn mower engine.

Since placing the order, I tried some Mechanic In A Bottle and it
improved the performance of my mower significantly. It's not 100%, but
if I hadn't already ordered the carb, I probably would wait a while.

Anyway, since the new one is on it's way, I'm going to change it, but
I don't see a need to throw out the old one just yet. I might just
keep it around as an emergency spare.

Should I choose to do that, what's the best way to clean it and store
it to keep "fresh" so if I ever need it (years from now?) it'll still
work?

BTW - Plano Power equipment has a great website for outdoor power
equipment - especially parts for Honda engines and genrators.

http://www.planopower.com/