mttt

Default Changing the belt on a Jet Supersaw

"Bob Davis" wrote in message
nk.net...

I've read more than one post that changing the belt on a Jet Supersaw is
extremely difficult. Well, I happened to be cleaning my saw and

inspecting

Bob - it wasn't the Poly V-Belt on my saw that broke. And I believe all of
the complaints about the difficulty are related to the *Timing Belt*. (At
least that's what I see on Amazon).

The Timing Belt raises and lowers the blade.
The replacement procedure is outlined in the manual right after the Poly
V-Belt.

It was a b*tch to replace and not sure why Jet picked a belt instead of a
gear mechanism.