Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Paste[_2_] David Paste[_2_] is offline

Default OT; Arfa's Burger Joint...

On May 23, 8:13*pm, "Nightjar \"cpb\"@" "insertmysurnamehere wrote:

So you don't know then.

Do you?

I never claimed or inferred that I did, but I am not giving an
argument from authority, but rather asking you.

Can you point to anything that says it will produce a 100%
disinfection?

Yes.

Can you show it is used in that manner on wood?

The wood would be single-use only.

So you agree that they are not the same things with the same
requirements.

That is a logical conclusion from the fact that I said that food has
more stringent requirements.

It may have different requirements, but I will remain sceptical of the
relative stringent-ness of them until you can show me some evidence of
this difference. As it stands, I would consider a kitchen a pretty bad
place to do surgery, but a medical clean room would probably be A-OK
for preparing food. Giving sweeping statements like "food has more
stringent requirements" doesn't convince me of anything. Especially
after seeing working kitchens in various salubrious student ghettos.

A further logical conclusion from that and
the fact that we could not use wood anywhere, is that it is not a
suitable material for food use.

Well YOUR logic may well lead you to that conclusion, but (some, not
all) wood is fine for food use, otherwise it would have been outlawed
by the various money-collectors. Now you may not LIKE to use it, or
see it used, but that is a different matter.