Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default OT; Arfa's Burger Joint...

On 23/05/2011 10:49, Nick Odell wrote:
On Mon, 23 May 2011 01:39:29 +0100, "Nightjar\"cpb\"@"
"insertmysurnamehere wrote:

Obviously, next time I build a medical clean room, I should ignore the
microbiologist and line it with wood - so much nicer to look at than all
that easily cleaned plastic and metal.

But we're not talking about a medical clean room, we're talking about
eating food off plates, ceramic or wood. I don't suppose you autoclave
your plates and spoons at home do you?

I didn't autoclave the clean room either. My dishwasher is probably more
efficient at cleaning (although not at disinfecting) my crockery and
cutlery than anything we did to the clean room. However, wood is not
dishwasher proof, it does not have a smooth, easily cleaned, surface
like metal or ceramic and it gets knife cuts with use. In short, it is a
trap for contaminants that does not lend itself to proper cleaning.

Colin Bignell