Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default Is there any roof coating that can be specifically applied over shingles (for the entire roof) ?

Michael Dobony wrote in
:

On Fri, 20 May 2011 15:05:39 -0500, JimT wrote:

On 5/20/2011 2:46 PM, Michael Dobony wrote:
On Fri, 20 May 2011 09:33:58 -0500, JimT wrote:

On 5/20/2011 9:16 AM, wrote:
On May 20, 9:03 am, wrote:
On May 20, 8:01 am,
wrote:

Looking for a sun reflective coating that is designed to be put
on roof shingles . Anyone know of something ?? Thanks.
==
Metal roofing comes to mind.
==
Thanks Roy, but im looking for a coating that i can apply
myself....not ready to lay down big bucks to have a metal roof
done at this time .
I've thought about it and people do paint their asphalt shingles
with acrylic paint. I don't think I'd ever do it because it would
void the my warranty.

If you know who did your roof ask them or contact the shingle mfg.

Jim
A radiant heat barrier installed in the attic comes to mind.

I think those are a bit pricey and don't you remove those as you
replace the roofs plywood?

Jim

It attaches inside the rafters. I also saw one that installs with
tension fit between the rafters.

Do you have a link, please?

--
Best regards