Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Toilet seat wrench?

On Sun, 22 May 2011 10:47:05 -0700 (PDT), bob haller

On 2011-05-22, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

That's why I keep latex gloves around. *Makes those icky jobs easier.

Bingo! *

Used to be latex gloves were insanely expensive. *Now, you can get
many different kinds/grades at most any hospital/medical supply store
for a reasonable price. *I've worn high quality left/right number
sized $1 ea clean-room gloves and these are as good as any I've used:

http://tinyurl.com/3tql2ne

I pay $15 box, locally, and still consider it an excellent bargain.

nb

exposure to dirty stuff helps keep humans healthy, by keeping our
immune systems working

I'm sure that does at the start, for the first 10 years, or 20, or 50,
and I agree 100% about that time, but there may an age where it starts
to work the other way.

Are there really kids who don't play in the dirt now. I had a sandbox
with no bottom, so when I got past the sane, there was only dirt.
(although I never went deeper than an inch, I got plenty of dirt and
grass and bushes elsewhere. Maybe that's why I'm not allergic to
anything. When I was 19, I was allergic to pHisoHex, the skin cleaner
with hexachlorophene, that now requires a prescription, but after a
year or so I got over it. It's good to prevent pimples, but not
shaving with an electric razor is even better. Growing a beard might
be beter yet, for boys.)