Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default OT; Arfa's Burger Joint...

On 23/05/2011 01:39, Arfa Daily wrote:

"Nightjar "cpb"@" "insertmysurnamehere wrote in message
On 22/05/2011 13:36, Arfa Daily wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message

Whats a CAB burger? Google only comes up with references to the Bobs
Burgers TV show.

CAB is "Certified Angus Beef".

Which meant nothing to me until I looked it up. Nevertheless, it is
still a burger, which I will only eat if I've made it myself. The one
exception used to be a restaurant where you could see the food being
prepared and they made a very good burger. The current owner uses
wooden boards instead of plates, which I view as microbiologically
suspect, so I no longer eat there.

Colin Bignell

Our cooking area is totally open to view, as were the prep areas in both
our cafes. Wouldn't have it any other way. I think that the buying
public should be able to see how their food is being prepared, cooked,
and generally handled.

Very good, if you actually mince the beef and make the burgers in front
of the customer, as this restaurant did. If you simply take them out of
the fridge and stick them on the grill, they could be made entirely from
mechanically recovered meat for all the customer knows.

Colin Bignell