Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Toilet seat wrench?

"aemeijers" wrote

It won't be any dirtier than it gets when you normally use the toilet.
Geez, people get such germ phobias. At work, there is a constant pile of
towels inside the bathroom door from people afraid to touch the handle.
But they have no qualms about touching the elevator button 20 feet away,
which at lunchtime is mainly pressed by people that just walked out of the
bathroom.

--
aem sends...

It is a proven fact that the dirtiest germiest nastiest item in the house is
the sponge or washing thingie in the kitchen sink. I have seen a lot of
people do all sorts of things to clean and keep their kitchen areas clean,
yet use one of those five for a dollar at the Dollar Store for so long, the
scrubbie part comes off.

I did a convention that had a lot of NSF stuff, the theme of the convention
being hygienic public equipment. There are actually no touch bathrooms
where one can go in, and not touch any item that anyone has touched beside
them. Sensors everywhere. Still, like you, I think that they would
eventually touch something.

I don't know if it's like this at your house, but at mine, I think the
nastiest dirtiest things are the grandkids. Yes, they take a bath every
day, and all, but they come in contact with some heavy stuff every day at
school, and it always seems like we come down with something while they are
here, or shortly after they leave.

But we love to have them come. They will spend two weeks with us twice this
summer, and now they are 6 and 8. Both boys. I love yanking their chain,
and they know that they shouldn't take me serious sometimes. But I do get
them on some practical jokes. We just found out that the small stream near
us has small fish, so this summer is going to be a lot of fun just walking
to the creek.

I did Scouts for many years, and there's just a smell when you walk into a
Scout meeting of little boys. A cross between peanut butter and
insufficiently wiped hinies. There was some film where two little boys were
hiding from witches at a witch convention, and the witches said, "I smell
little boys."

Steve