Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Dug out my old Copydex JointMaster, what about replacement guides?

On Sun, 22 May 2011 02:48:15 -0700 (PDT), Andy Dingley
wrote:

On May 21, 3:09*pm, MM wrote:
Obviously, the genuine plastic guides are no longer available, but
what ingenious methods have others applied to simulate the guides?

Get a mitre box. Much easier to use.

But a mitre box doesn't have any guide 'clip' to stop the saw wobbling
in the groove. The clip was the JointMaster's secret weapon.

Dad had one of these Jointmasters back in the '70s. Neither of us ever
found any use for it.

On the contrary, back then I sawed many pieces of wood nice and
square. I reckon it was and is a genuinely useful tool. But the clips
are both its secret weapon and its Achilles' heel.

MM