Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Dug out my old Copydex JointMaster, what about replacement guides?

On Sun, 22 May 2011 03:10:12 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 21/05/2011 22:56, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sat, 21 May 2011 15:09:21 +0100, MM wrote:

Obviously, the genuine plastic guides are no longer available, but
what ingenious methods have others applied to simulate the guides?

No responses, maybe not many people know what a Copydex JointMaster
is? I've not heard of it before but google
finds:

http://www.woodworkersguildofga.com/...l?m-1180962363
/

I guess you are looking for the rounded clippy things at the top
right of the saw guides?

Hmm that takes me back a bit. My mother used to have one of those ;-)

How about a bit of something springy like neoprene with a slice of PTFE
rod on the end of it?

Possible. As I recall, the jig came with a couple of spare guides, but
I kick myself that I didn't buy 50 of them at the time, because they
would have lasted my lifetime. When new guides are installed (i.e. not
worn down after extended use) this little jig was truly useful. Now
that they ones in my jig are worn completely flat, the saw blade
wobbles too much for the thing to be much use (which is why I've never
bought one of those mitre boxes).

I've also been thinking of modifying it to accept the kinds of carbon
brushes used in old-fashioned car dynamos or powerdrills, but with
stronger springs. So far, I've thought of everything that could
possibly be adapted, including plastic clothes pegs.

MM