Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Wood rack cover

On May 22, 8:30*am, harry wrote:
On May 21, 9:52*pm, Jim wrote:

In need of creating a roof of sorts for a firewood rack. *Trying to find
that happy median between durability and cost.

At the moment I'm leaning towards 3/4x4x8 BC pine plywood. *This will be
covered by green tarps of which I have many. *

Is there a different type of plywood or panel I should consider instead?

Also curious about corrugated plastic roof panels. *Anyone use them for
similar projects?

The best thing I ever had for drying wood is a polytunnel. *Dunno what
you call them in America but there's pix here. *They are intended for
horticulture.

http://www.citadelpolytunnels.com/

There is a door in each end so ventilation can be controlled and it
gets very hot inside on sunny days and drys the wood out really fast.
Also because there's a door at each end, the wood can be used in
rotation.
The plastic sheet lasts around ten years and can be fixed with tape if
it gets ripped accidently.
Best located in the sun to speed drying.

BTW, You need to use the special UV stablised plastic sheet,ordinary
stuff rots in a year or two.