Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Wood rack cover

On May 21, 8:22*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message

In need of creating a roof of sorts for a firewood rack. *Trying to find
that happy median between durability and cost.

At the moment I'm leaning towards 3/4x4x8 BC pine plywood. *This will be
covered by green tarps of which I have many.

Is there a different type of plywood or panel I should consider instead?

Also curious about corrugated plastic roof panels. *Anyone use them for
similar projects?

I've burned wood for 25 of the last 30 years. *I've tried various methods of
protection and *what I found best is nothing. *Wood, tarps, sheeting,
fiberglass, tin roofing are all a PITA in one way or another. *Nothing works
well enough for me. * We get about 48" of snow on a typical winter, but
rarely do I have snow covered wood to bring in. *It falls right off the logs
when you handle them, unlike sheets of plywood.

Yep. As for rain on it, only the top layer will get wet and then only
surface. I just toss that stuff aside and use the dry wood under
it. But then I live in a semi-arid area...

Harry K