Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dennis Dennis is offline

Default rittercnc

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

Dennis wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

Karl Townsend wrote:

I'm curious, is the below site some sort of mirror of RCM? Can you
post here when on the road and have it show up on RCM? Maybe I've been
sleeping under a rock but didn't know of such things.

Karl

http://www.rittercnc.com/metalworking/1.htm

It's a SPAM site, nothing more.

As I understand it these "para-sites" simply mirror whats on the real NG
server and allow posting to the the site. Some of the more popular NG's
appear on a dozen or so similar sites. I find them a pain as when you are
looking for some information the google results will sometimes be full of
multiple copies of the same thing in these para-sites.

Is my understanding correct?

No, it isn't. These are SPAM sites that try to lure people to them with
stolen content for the sole purpose of SPAMming them with advertising.

Ok. Thanks.

They seem keen on the electronics groups:
http://www.electronicspoint.com/
http://www.electrondepot.com/
http://www.electronics-related.com/index.php
http://www.edaboard.com/