Posted to alt.home.repair

Default a case for safety

On Sat, 21 May 2011 18:55:07 -0400, George wrote:

On 5/21/2011 6:40 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 21 May 2011 09:57:36 -0700 (PDT), bob wrote:

The ratings for the thing are in the toilet, too. The AM section is junk and
the FM isn't much better. It doesn't even pick up local FM stations. I
certainly wouldn't replace it if it went west. The Bosch has a better rep but
it's almost twice the price.-

Theres a rumor the Feds want to force convert all radio stations to
digital like they mandated on TV.

I doubt it. What's the point in a digital AM station? The FM band wastes a
lot of bandwidth so it might me interesting. I don't think AM is going
anywhere (unless the Dems just make it go away, instead of some other
"fairness" gimmick).

Sounds like you haven't heard any of the "HD radio" advertising.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD_Radio

It's in the FM band.

so it might be bst bto nput off expensive radio purchases for awhile

I'd buy a portable if there was something worth buying. I have a CC Radio but
its LCD display died some time back. It's almost impossible to set without
the display.