Posted to alt.home.repair
Fat-Dumb and Happy Fat-Dumb and Happy is offline

Default Fixing Crack in Poured Concrete Foundation

Ultraglide wrote:
I have a crack in my poured concrete foundation that I want to fix. I
searched the net but many of the suggestions were for an interior repair.
The basement is finished at that point and I don't want to tear everything
oug. I went to my local builders' supply to see if they had any advice.
They suggested I go to HD. The guy there suggested I chisel out the crack,
parge with hydrostatic cement and apply a blue coating (I forget the name).
Nothing was said about a membrane. Any suggestions?

I'd get some old plastic bags like you use to carry home groceries,...
and a screw driver and a hammer and stuff that crack full of strips from
the grocery bags. Then think about it for a couple of years to see if
it still needs a permanent fix. Maybe we will have a new president by
the time it needs fixing.