Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default rittercnc

On 2011-05-21, Karl Townsend wrote:
On Sat, 21 May 2011 07:51:49 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

[ ... ]

I post regularly from on the road. I simply log into my normal usenet
server...which is giganews and $4.99 a month

[ ... ]

I'm curious, when I'm on the road I'm using the relatives or the
hotel's computer. Everybody has a browser, but nobody has a
newsreader. I tried google's last year, never again. Anything out
there to look at NG's from a guest computer?

Well ... assuming that they don't have it blocked -- carry a
newsreader of your choice on a thumb drive. You may have to suffer
through the delays of a virus scan of the whole thumb drive, depending
on how they have things configured, so a small thumb drive with nothing
but your newsreader. Maybe you can "install" it on the thumb drive and
run it that way, since they probably don't want you to install anything
on the hotel's system -- or your relatives may not want that either.
Besides, a lot of installations tend to store your account name and
password in the installation, and you *don't* want to leave that there.

Perhaps you could carry a netbook with what you wanted installed,
and connect via either an ethernet cable or a Wi-Fi port.

If it were unix, I could suggest several newsreaders. For
Windows -- well I don't touch the net with a Windows box so I don't
know, but others probably can suggest good ones.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564