Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default 1/2 inch anchors for hollow concrete block? Must resist pull out.

On May 20, 1:48*pm, andyeverett wrote:
A costumer wants 7 foot ceder posts attached to the side of landing
made of concrete blocks topped with brick. A hand rail will be
attached to the posts and a flat ceder board attached to the top of
the posts that will serve as a plant shelf.

I'm not sure if a concrete slab lies under the brick? The landing is
about 30 inches high. What ever anchors I use must resist pull out
forces from the railing and shelf.

Do appropriate anchors exist for what I want to do?

Thanks for any help!

Stick a Sonotube down in the ground at the edges and mount the posts
on that. Too risky on just the blocks IMO.

Joe