Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Cutting rubber tiles

"mm" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 May 2011 15:04:21 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

Make a little jig. What you want to do is bend the tile slightly. Put
the
tile in the jig and tighten the clamps to bend it slightly. Score with a
SHARP utility knife

It's amazing how much sharper a sharp blad is than a used blade.

BTW, I understand cutting paper with scissors will dull them because
something in paper is abrasive. That you can ruin sewing scissors and
hair scissors by cutting paper with them.

Are there any other materials which dull blades faster than average,
faster than they seem like they would, judging from hardness or my
ability to tear them apart, for example?

I bought two of those 100 blade dispensers, plus one dispenser of blades
with a hook on them for $1 each at a yard sale. Stanley they were. I still
haven't used them all.

Steve