Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Cutting rubber tiles

On 5/20/2011 9:51 PM, gcotterl wrote:
On May 20, 6:25 pm, wrote:
On 5/20/2011 6:52 PM, ChairMan wrote:

Innews spewed forth:
On Fri, 20 May 2011 16:24:08 -0500, "ChairMan"nospam@nospam wrote:

In
,
spewed forth:
What is a quick and easy way to cut 5/8" thick rubber tiles made
from recycled car tires?

(I have about 60 tiles to cut. A utility knife will take forever).

why not a Guillotine Paper Cutter

"... 5/8" thick rubber"? Not in my location...

I've cut 1/4" plywood with mine, rubber should shear easily

Wood cuts easier than rubber. The bend-to-cut idea will work- I have
used similar cutting techniques before- but it will be slow. I'd set up
a jig with some 2x and plywood and use a saw. Projects like this are
what HF blades are for.

--
aem sends...- Hide quoted text -

The tiles are not made from recycled steel-belted tires.

What are "HF blades"?

Harbor Freight- purveyors of disposable tools and cheap supplies.

--
aem sends...