Posted to alt.home.repair
gcotterl gcotterl is offline

Default Cutting rubber tiles

On May 20, 7:25*pm, wrote:
On Fri, 20 May 2011 13:20:13 -0700 (PDT), gcotterl

wrote:
What is a quick and easy way to cut 5/8" thick rubber tiles made from
recycled car tires?

(I have about 60 tiles to cut. A utility knife will take forever).

Never heard of such a thing, but it sounds like the cattle mats us
farmers use in animal stalls. *I've cut the stall mats with a saber
saw. *Takes a long time, but it works. *It should be easier to cut a
12" time than a 4x8 foot sheet that weights several hundred pounds.
These cattle mats are also about 5/8" thick. *Probably the same stuff.
Just curious why you want that on the floor? *Is it black like the cow
mats?

The tiles are 18" square.

http://envirotile.ca/images/room2.jpg